What is Flange Facing?
Why is Flange Facing Required?
Flanges constantly experience damage from corrosion or erosion due to turbulent flow, impacts with other components during construction or installation or cuts from gasket leaks.
What is the Difference Between Internal Diameter (ID) and Outside Diameter (OD) Mounting?
Flange facing machines can be mounted in two ways. In ID mounting, the machine is placed inside the flange with clamp legs inside. Externally mounted machines are placed around the flange with the clamp legs pushing inwards.
What are the Applications?
- Re-facing of main steam inlet flanges
- Heat exchanger nozzle flange repair
- Facing and beveling of pipe for sealing and weld prep
- Repair of flat face raised face and phonographic finish flanges
- Repair piston rod mating flanges
- Boiler feed pump flanges
- Re-machining gasket seal on the tube sheet
- Repairing ring grooves or cutting new grooves
- Plate and vessel weld prep
- Re-facing of ship hatch sealing surfaces
- Re-machining of rotary crane bearing surface
- Re-surfacing of large pump base housings
- Re-facing of valve flanges, Heat exchanger repair
- Wind tower section flange milling
- Ship thruster mount facing, milling, and drilling.
What are the Power Options Available?
Majority of the flange facing tools are pneumatically powered to mainly serve the requirements of the oil and gas industry. However, we offer some tools that also electrically powered.
What Range Does ABS Serve?
Our skilled team uses rugged and innovative portable flange facers ranging from 12 inches to 60 inches for ID, OD or Surface Mounting with the ability to reface, mill, bevel, square, counterbore or machine weld prep or seal ring profiles, as well as the ability of many to convert from single point to milling operations, making our machining services extremely versatile.
We use state-of-the-art machinery that is imported from the world’s leading brands in portable machining equipment.
Why Go for ABS Group Services?
Being Industry leaders for almost two decades, we have a team of more than 150 experienced technicians that have provided flange facing services and other onsite machining services to multiple reputed companies in the Oil & Gas industry. Our specialized experience lies in manpower planning, time management and deployment of multiple teams during construction, shutdown, and maintenance of plants.
We are an ISO 45001:2018 (safety at work) and ISO 9001:2015 (process quality) certified organization that assures efficiency onsite.