Why Bolting Needs an Upgrade in Railways?
Bolts are the backbone to the railway industry. They need to be durable enough to withstand various factors to maintain joint integrity. An ideal bolt needs to be capable of
- Absorbing shocks and vibrations
- Giving protection to the passenger against different forces
- Should be non-corrosive
- Should be easy to derail and change with specific tools
- Should possess high torque resistance
Majorly used in holding the joint between the two ends of the tracks to maintain the balance between them, read the full list of applications here. Any track bolts not tightened correctly can lead to derailing.
While we understand the importance of bolts and its application in railways, it is also crucial to know about how to torque them with precision using the right type of torque wrenches. In Railways, the joints of components will constantly experience fast movement and high speeds. Incorrect bolting methods and uneven bolt load will lead to heavy vibration and misalignment of joints. Hence it is critical that the torquing technology used provides high precision bolt load with optimum accuracy and consistency.
The latest in torqueing technology is the Battery or Cordless torque tools. These tools provide greater accuracy with less manpower and time in comparison to manual torquing methods. Other significant benefits include:
- Recording of bogey related data such as bogey no, the torque applied, no of bolts torqued, etc.
- Can be used for smaller bolts in coach factories or for track maintenance
- Provides accurate readings with digital display
- Provides alerts when torque is achieved, thus avoiding human error
- Faster operation through run down and torquing dual speed mode
These tools can also be upgraded to reaction-arm free bolting with the HYTORC WASHER– the safest method in next-gen bolting.
To know more about the latest battery torque tools, get in touch with us at 022 4171 4444 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.